THE GOSPEL IS A MESSAGE ABOUT:
- Is. 6:1-5, 5:16; Rev.4:8-11. God is Holy.
- Dan. 4:35; Ps. 135:6. God is Sovereign.
- 1 Jn. 4:8,16. God is Love.
- Heb. 12:29. God is a Communing Fire.
- Gen. 17:1; Jer. 32:17; Is. 43:13; Amos 9:2-3. God is Omnipotent.
- Ps. 139:1-6; Rom. 11:33-36. God is Omniscient
- Jer. 23:23-24; Ps. 139:7-12. God is Omnipresent
- Ps. 145:17. God Is Righteous.
- Ex. 34:6-7. God is Merciful.
- Rev. 29:11-15. God is a Judge.
- Jn. 4:23-24. God is a Spirit.
- 1 Jn. 5:7; 2 Cor.13:14; I Pet. 1:2. God is one God revealed in three distinct persons; Father, Son, & Holy Spirit (trinity, not modalism).
- Jn. 1:1-3, 14,18, 10:30-33, 17:5, 20:28; Acts 20:28; Rm. 9:5; Phi. 2:5-11; Col. 1:15-17, 2:9; I Tim. 3:16; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:1-12; II Pet. 1:1; Rev. 1:8. Jesus is God--YHWH.
- Gen. 2:15-17. Adam and Eve's disobedience resulted in spiritual and physical death.
- Rom. 6:23. The wages of sin is death.
- Dt. 6:4-5. However, before sin entered the world man's purpose was to serve God and glorify Him.
- Matt. 22:34-40. Therefore, man is now living in an abnormal condition.
- Rom. 3:10, 5:6-9; Lk. 5:31,32 There is none righteous, no not one!
- Rom. 3:23. Everyone, without exception, is a sinner.
- Rom 5:12. Adam's sin nature is inherited by all mankind.
- Is. 64:6-7. God views our good deeds as “filthy rags.”
- Eph. 2:8-9. God rejects our good works.
- Ps. 51:5, 58:3. We are sinners from birth.
- Jn. 3:19. Sinners love their sin.
- Ex. 20:1-20. The Ten Commandments must by obeyed perfectly.
- Mt. 22:34-40. If we disobey the 1st & 2nd greatest commandments we have broken all of the Bible’s laws.
- Ja. 2:10-11. If we break one commandment we’ve broken them all.
- Rom. 3:20; Gal. 3:24. The purpose of the Ten Commandments is to reveal sin in us and disclose our inability in keeping the law’s demands. This creates an attitude of desperation in sinners to be delivered from the guilt and penalty of the law. Christ alone is the sinners hope.
THE VANITY OF LIFE
- Heb. 9:27. Three things are common to all: Life, Death, & Judgment.
- 2 Pet. 3:8; Ja. 4:13-14. Life Is short: The earth will be covered by all new people 110 years from now. Our life span is compared to one grain of sand taken from one planet among a thousand planets covered with sand. After you die no one remembers you (Eccl. 1:11, 2:16).
- Eccl. 12:8,13,14, Life is vain: Solomon, the wisest man who lived, had everything this world has to offer yet he judged this life as totally vain and futile. Nevertheless, man pursues the vain things of this world against all reason, logic and intelligence (2 Tim. 3:7).
- Lk. 12:16-21. Life is fragile: You may die tonight! Many labor to extend their life through exercise and vitamins but will add only a few years.
- Eccl. 5:15; 1 Tim. 6:7; Lk. 9:24. Money and riches are vain.
HELL & JUDGEMENT
- Rev. 20:11-15. The great white throne judgment.
- Matt. 25:41-46. Everlasting fire and punishment for the unsaved.
- Heb. 9:27. After this life comes judgment.
- Lk. 16:19-31. Hell is a place of unceasing pain and torment with no escape.
THE NEW BIRTH
- Jn. 3:1-7. Jesus teaches that the “new birth” is necessary for salvation.
- Jn. 1:13. Salvation is not inherited from our parents, secured by our effort, nor decided by our will, but is a process by which we are “born of God.”
- 2 Cor. 5:17. To be born again means that our old life is replaced by a new one.
- Eph. 4:21-24; Col. 3:9-10. When a person becomes “born again” the Bible describes him as a “new person,” who brings forth new fruit.
- Gal. 6:15. All that matters is that we become a “new creation.”
- Eph. 2:8,9. Grace is a free gift, it is unmerited favor.
- Acts 15:11. We are saved by the grace of Christ.
- Rom. 4:3-5. Salvation is by grace through faith and not by the deeds of the law.
- Tit. 3:5-7; Rom.3:24. We are “Justified” freely by His grace.
- Lk. 13:3. Unless we repent, we will all perish.
- Acts 3:19. We must repent and be converted.
- Matt. 4:17. Jesus said, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand,” however; the world ridicules the need of repentance.
- Acts 26:20. We must repent and bring forth fruits worthy of repentance.
- I Jn. 1:9. If we confess our sins He will forgive us our sins.
- Prov. 28:13. He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confess and forsakes them will have mercy.
- Ps. 66:18. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.
- Heb. 11:6. Without faith it is impossible to please God.
- Jn. 20:24-29. Blessed are they who do not see yet believe.
- Jn. 3:16-19. Whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal fife.
- Eph. 2:8. We are saved by grace “through faith.”
- Gal. 3:23-26. We are saved through faith in Christ and not by keeping the law.
- Rom. 3:28, 5:1. We ore justified through faith in Christ.
- Gal. 3:11; Rom. 1:17; Heb. 10:38; Hab. 2:4. “The just shall live by faith.”
SALVATION THROUGH CHRIST ALONE
- Jn. 14:6. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
- 1 Jn. 5:11-13. He that has the “Son” has life, and he that does not have the Son of God does not have life.
- Acts 4:10-12. Salvation is in none other than Jesus Christ.
- Rev. 3:20. Jesus knocks on the door of our heart.
- Rom. 10:13. Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- Jn. 3:36. He who does not believe on the Son of God has the wrath of God on him.
This concise overview of the Gospel is an excellent tool for Bible study, discipleship, evangelism and group studies. For a laminated copy of this card to keep in your
Bible for ready use write to: CHRIST BIBLE Pulpit, P.O. Box 5772, Oakland, CA.
94605 U.S.A.; or E-mail us @ email@example.com; or call (510) 727-1877.