Monday, January 26, 2009

Fear Not Little Flock

"Fear not little flock, for it is your father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Let's me know that when I feel deprived of something or am lacking something (or someone), that God is still good and loves me immensely. Just today I felt sad for a brief moment that I don't currently have any prosepect for marriage on the horizon. I know that this is bad news for a Christian who feels the desire to be married. Satan likes to tell us how much God is holding out on us. Chiefly, he tempts us through our eyes. Things that we see. So, I may be tempted instantly through my eyes.

What helps me to not get angry at God or loose my cool is to remember in the promise of Jesus that it is the Father's good pleasure to give me all good things. I can trust that if this thing or person will be really good for me then it would come in God's providence. If this is just a temptation, it is thrown in front of me to make me doubt the goodness and protection of God over my life.

When I am tempted my immediate reaction is to begin thanking God for all that he has given me. This helps me keep from desiring things that would be damaging to my relationship with God and to maintain victory over the Enemy who is out to kill, steal, and destroy. He will lie and do everything else under the sun to steal glory from God, kill our relationship with Him and destroy our usefulness as a creature created to give glory to God.

No comments: