Saturday, May 31, 2008

Controlling Thoughts

This week has been very busy at work. Many customers coming in and the phone ringing off the hook. On Friday, we did 5 or 6 leases and Saturday we were only open for 4 hours but did 4 leases. Next week is "rent week", one of my co-workers is on vacation and I am still not fully recovered from my illness. Rent week, by the way, is when all of our renters that pay on time bring in their money to pay rent for the current month. Rent is due on the first but they give them a 5-day grace period to pay on time. So, from the first till the fifth, we have people coming in constantly, paying their rent, wanting hand-written recipts, and us having to manually log all the checks that we receive.

When my co-worker, Katy is helping, the process is usually not very painful. I am just almost dreading going back to work next week because she will not be there and the work load that she has will be shared between our two managers. Sometimes I want to quit really bad but I think how God put me here in this job for this time in my life and it is where He wants me. Although, I don't want to be here, I continue going because I feel some need to stay in my heart.

Don't get me wrong, I have occasionally glanced around for other jobs at times but I haven't gotten serious about it. Would I jump on a job that payed more that didn't offer a chance to use my spanish? Normally I wouldn't but this next week, I am seriously thinking about it! I know however, that God is my life. My relationship with Him will get me through no matter what goes on. My need right now is to deepen my relationship with Him, not be selfishly hoarding my time and getting rest and excercise. I am glad that I am a warrior fighting for Jesus. I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: