Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A Better Freedom

Christianity must seem foolish if you are lost. I said it before, but I will say it again. I have always liked Michael Card. I appreciated his music before I became a Christian and now I appreciate it not only for the music but also because He expresses so beautifully the heart of the Gospel.

A Better Freedom
by Michael Card michaelcard.com

Lyrics
Christ revealed Himself to me
Enslaved my soul to set me free
I was bound to at Him at Calvary
And found a better freedom

That Soul who suffered in the dark
Has purchased and unchained my heart
A shining slavery did impart
And I found a better freedom

A better freedom can't be found
By those unwilling to be bound
A better freedom is not known
By those whose hearts will not be owned
And those who follow find a better freedom
(Come with Him and find a better freedom)
(Follow me and find a better freedom)

We never can be truly free
Till we're bound to this community
The Incarnation lets us see
A path to better freedom

A slave to sin, my heart before
Was bolted like a prison door
But in slavery to the Risen Lord
I found a better freedom

No comments: